Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What I've been working on



After a bit of a dry spell I've been doing more artsy stuff. A few months ago I took an online course on composition for collage and it was very helpful and really nudged me to finish a few half-done pages. It feels really good to play again.





This has one of my favorite lines from a poem by Sarah Williams:
"Though my soul may set in darkness,
it will rise in perfect light; 
I have loved the stars too fondly
to be fearful of the night."

It says "A young woman of rather dubious virtue"
I had an art book by Sister Wendy and pulled some of the most interesting lines out of it including this one. The photo is from a book of postcards that are all old photo booth photos.

This is one I actually did for the online class. It was just a red page and I had no ideas except I liked the color. So I started going through my scraps and this is what I ended up with. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: