Saturday, February 01, 2014

48 Weeks with Donna Downey - Week 1

So I signed up for a year-long art journal class. I've followed Donna Downey for at least a year and just loved her Inspiration Wednesdays. This is sort of the same thing but a little more in depth and structured. I'm not using the huge 12x16 Moleskine that she is - I'm using the one just down a size...about 8 1/2 x 12. It's pretty simple in theory. Watch her video and then create your own interpretation. I don't have all of the same art supplies that she uses so I'm trying to use what I have which is quite a challenge at times.

Here's the lesson for Week 1. First up is Donna's.


And here's mine. She used Ranger reinkers which I didn't have so I used watercolors and acrylics.I also didn't have the door stencil so I made my own from a Graphics Fairy door image. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The words say "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway."


No comments: