This one was kind of tough for me. I love the way Donna's turned out...
....mine, not so much. Doing the background was fun but I put off the tree for several days. I've never painted a tree before - obviously. I guess it was badly pruned at some point. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
The quote is from Neil Gaiman and it says "Trees there were, old as trees as can be, huge and grasping with hearts black as sin. Strange trees that some said walked in the night."
Things I learned: [1] I like using fiber paste for a textured background; [2] trees are harder to draw than I thought and [3] I need to learn how to journal in a straight line since mine always angles up to the right.
UPDATE: Donna posted my page on the public Facebook page for the class on 2/11/2014 and she said: "i just love the way Colleen MacLafferty stylized the tree in week 5" Gotta say, that makes me feel a lot better about it! And I got a lot of nice comments on the private student FB page as well. We are always our own worst critics.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment